Revision as of 12:01, 28 April 2012 by Nth
Major Media Coverage
- "Here and Now" by Robin Young as part of a National Public Radio show on June 21, 2011. She interviewed Professor Heffernan.
- The Boston Globe - May 5, 2011 - Yvonne Abraham's column on the back story behind the creation of ASSISTments. Click here for the article (and the song)
- National Educational Technology Plan - November 2010 - Arne Duncan announces the National Educational Technology Plan. The plan cites ASSISTments.
Recent Press Coverage
- Walpole Times - February 16, 2012 - "Walpole teachers get an 'assist' from homework software" by Veronica Hamlett
- Hometown Weekly - February 17, 2012 "ASSISTing Students in School Proves to be Beneficial" by Lindsay Budnik
- The Daily Grafton - January 23, 2011 - "Grafton Students Get a Hand from ASSISTments" - PDF
- Maine Association for Middle Level Education Winter 2012 Newsletter (see page 5)
- The NAESP announced a Partnershipwith ASSISTments
- The Metro West Daily News - October 3, 2011 - "Homework program catches on in MetroWest" by Scott O'Connell. Read it here.
- The Worcester Telegram - June 16, 2011 - On $500,000 Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant received.
- Schools.com - March 3, 2011 - Web-based Tutor Gives Math Class A New Feel. Available here: story and an easy to print version here.
- District Administrator Magazine - March 2011 - What is Your Data Integration Strategy? - This story highlighted Educational Data Mining and ASSISTments. Available here.
- Neil Heffernan and Cristina Heffernan gave an invited talk at the University of Illinois at Chicago, hosted by Jim Pellegrino and Susan Goldman. Watch the talk here.
- ScienceDaily.com - February 14, 2011 - Year-End Test Scores Significantly Improved in Schools Using Web-based Tutor - Available here:.
- Ellsworth American (Ellsworth, Maine) - January 18. 2011 - Learning Curve - Available here:The Ellsworth American.
- Education Week - December 13, 2010 - Data Mining' Gains Traction in Education ' by Sarah D. Sparks appeared on the front page of Education Week. One of Heffernan's award winning papers is cited.
- Telegram & Gazette - December 4, 2010 - "WPI to help redesign school math curriculum". Available here: JPG
- The Two Towers - Professor Heffernan was featured as Professor the the Week in the WPI student newspaper.
- Older Press is here.
WPI Press Releases
- Department of Education Funds Four-Year Research Evaluation of ASSISTments Mathematics Online Tutoring System.
- Office of Naval Research Release and the UMASS's release.
- WPI Receives $500,000 Award from Gates and Hewlett Foundations' Next Generation Learning Challenges
- WPI Launches a New Graduate Program in Learning Sciences and Technologies
- WPI is a Partner in National Center for Cognition and Mathematics Instruction
- At D.C. Conference, WPI PhD Student Presents Research on How Students Learn at Different Rates
- Award-winning Research at WPI Shows Intelligent Computer Tools Can Improve Education
- Telegram & Gazette Spotlights WPI Research on Intelligent Tutoring Systems
- Massachusetts Association of School Committees Honors Intelligent Tutoring System Developed at WPI
- WPI Receives $1.5 Million NSF Award to Develop Intelligent Tutoring System for Improved Science Education
- WPI Receives $2 Million Award to Develop an Intelligent Tutoring System That Can Improve Math Education
This page was created by Cristina Heffernan (2011).