ASSISTments 3 day Summer Workshop 2012 at WPI
Get ready to start using ASSISTments in the Fall of 2012
This is a workshop to learn how to use ASSISTments
Participants will leave this training ready to use ASSISTments in the fall. You will learn how to find already built content and build your own. Each participant will design a simple routine to use in class.
Come with a colleague. It is much easier to remember everything if you can put your heads together.
- Principals and other school leaders are invited to join the institute at any time free of charge if a teacher is signed up. It is key that school leaders understand the power of ASSISTments as a school reform tool.
For more information or to ask questions contact Cristina Heffernan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 1,2,3, 2012:
- You may want to attend a training this spring and get a head start. We find that participants who test driven the system with their students (or in the case of a teacher trainer with a teacher and his or her students) are much more prepared to participate in the summer.
Work will begin at 8:00 and go until 4:00.
Snacks will be provided each day.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester MA
If you need a place to stay in Worcester, one suggested hotel is the Courtyard Marriott Worcester; it is walking distance to campus.
$300 for 3 days for the first participant from a school or district, $250 for each additional teacher.
How to Sign Up
Register by June 15th, 2012.
Register online at this link. If you are using a purchase order, submit the number in the registration form. Your place will not be held until your payment is in. If you must cancel, do so by July 1st and we will refund 50% of your payment.
Make checks out to WPI (write ASSISTments Institute in the memo line) and send to:
c/o Computer Science Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Way
Worcester, MA 01609
OBJECTIVES: The participant will be able to:
- Create classes, assignments and be ready to enroll students.
- Create a curriculum of problem sets to assess your instructional objectives.
- Use the “quick builder” and the editor to make ASSISTments. Including uploading an image.
- Track assessment of Common Core Standards.
- Organize curriculum in the “School Folder.”
- Develop a routine that is sustainable and will foster formative assessment.
Return to Events Page.