Learn ASSISTments Now Online
If you use this page you can continue to use it. We have however started a new training seminar that will navigate you through using ASSISTments. If you are a beginner and would like to register to take the training go here. You will aslo have to register for a new account. THANKS the ASSISTments team.
The Five Steps to Getting Started
- Creating a Teacher Account
- Navigating Using the Tabs - Quick Tutorial
- Creating a Class
- Finding and Assigning Pre-Built Content
- Creating a Student Account and Enrolling in a Class
Other forms of instruction
- ASSISTments Instructional Videos Watch these and follow along.
The Features of ASSISTments
- Building Your Own Content
- Skill Builders
- Automatic Reassessment and Relearning System ARRS
- Parent Notification
- Data Driven Instructions
- Support for Open Ended Questions
- Evaluate the Web
- Students working off-line
- An Assistment is a question, the answer and the associated feedback.
- A Problem Set is a grouping of ASSISTments.
- A Skill Builder is a special type of problem set that students complete by answering 3 questions correct in a row.
- A Hint is a type of tutoring that gives messages to help students answer a question.
- A Bottom Out Hint is the last hint; it gives the answer to the question.
- A Scaffold is a type of tutoring that breaks a question down into steps by asking students a series of questions . Students must answer these questions before trying the original question again. Scaffold questions may include hints.
- A Feedback Message is a message given to a particular wrong answer.
- Test Mode is a setting that disables tutoring or feedback from a problem set.