Relevant reading for teachers
Read about ASSISTments
- Heffernan, N, Heffernan, C., Decoteau, M., & Militello, M.(2012). Effective and meaningful use of educational technology: three cases from the classroom. In C. Dede & J. Richards, (Eds.), Digital teaching platforms. pp 88-102. New York: Teacher’s College Press.
- Militello, M., & Heffernan, N. (2009). Which one is "just right"? What educators should know about formative assessment systems. International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 4(3), 1-8.
- Levine, Joe (2012). Pushing the Right Buttons "TC, Today; The magazine of Teachers College, Collumbia University" p.22- 25.
Readings on Formative Assessment
- Attributes of Effective Formative Assessment. From the Council of Chief School Officers by McManus, Sarah (2008)
- Formative Assessment: Examples of Practice. From the Council of Chief School Officers by Wylie, Caroline (2008)
- Black, P, Williams, D, (1998) Inside the Black Box: Raising Standards Through Classroom Assessment. Phi Delta Kappa